Through the personal relationships we develop with our residents and families, we offer genuine, holistic care that meet the needs of each individual resident. We firmly believe in bringing health, wellness and choice to life for our residents.
We offer a spectrum of services, including:
- Transitional Care and Short-term rehabilitation, to ease and speed transition from hospital to home.
- Palliative care, providing relief from symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness—whatever the diagnosis – to improve quality of life for both you and your family.
- Hospice care, specifically focused on end-of-life issues for you and your family.
- Respite stays, a short-term stay to provide your caregiver a little break.
- Long-term Stays, personalized, quality 24-hour skilled nursing care.
Choose the Right Place
We recognize how difficult it can be to leave ones home whether it is a short-term transitional care stay or an extended stay. At Aicota, we will do whatever we can to make your experience what you want it to be.
We involve you, your family and your physician in the development and implementation of your plan of care. No matter how short or long your stay, our team of experienced health care professionals work to assure that you receive quality, coordinated health care services:
- Nursing Care 24 Hours a Day
- Social Services
- On-site Physician/Nurse Practitioner
- Local Medical Transportation provided
- Rehabilitative Services including:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Wound Management
- Lymphedema Treatment and Management
- Pharmacy Consultation
- IV Therapy
Our Exceptional Features
Your stay at Aicota will be enriched by personalized activities including gardening, music, happy hour, ice fishing and pontoon rides, just to name a few. You are also welcome to join us for trips to local points of interest chosen by our residents – sometimes we go out for lunch and other times we may just take a scenic tour.
Single/Private and semi-private rooms are available for you to choose from with views varying from wildlife to the streetscape.
- Local Medical Transportation
- Wireless Internet (available in common areas)
- Home Theater
- On-site Beauty and Barber Services
- Spiritual Services
- Outdoor Patio and Walking Paths; picnic lunches held in the summer
- Activity Kitchen
- Private Family Areas
- Visiting pets welcome
- Conveniently attached to our Assisted Living
Transitional Care and Short-term Rehabilitation Program
- Rehabilitation therapy helps you recuperate, get stronger and get back to everyday life.
- Our physical, occupational and speech therapists work with residents, families and medical teams to create a personalized treatment plan – and help to meet your goals and restore independence as soon as possible.
- The intensity of your program and your length of stay are determined by your needs. As you progress, our therapists help plan for your return home including providing a home assessment to determine and help secure proper equipment and support service needs so you are well prepared after you leave our care.
- Therapists also provide education to family members so they can better assist you either at home or here. Families are always welcome to participate in therapy.
Hospice Care (coordinated with area hospice providers)
Should there come a time when efforts to cure or slow an illness are not working or are perhaps being more harmful than helpful, a type of palliative care called hospice can help ensure that your final months of life are as good and fulfilling as they can be. Hospice is about providing comfort, control and dignity, not about giving up. Our staff is trained to work with residents at all stages of life.
Palliative care is designed to improve quality of life. It is provided by a team of caregivers who:
- Provide relief from pain and other uncomfortable symptoms.
- Assist in making difficult medical decisions.
- Coordinate care with doctors.
- Offer guidance in making a plan for living well.
- Offer you and your loved ones emotional and spiritual support and guidance.